Powerbook battery buggered!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

my powerbook is about 3 years old now, and the battery seems completely buggered!

I have 2 x power leads, ones a proper apple one and the other is not. I can't use the other one any more as when the battery is at 0% it won't charge it. and the apple one the connecter is dodgy (could be on the powerbook connection) so if I move it a tiny bit and its not connected it runs out.

The last couple of days I've noticed the battery is constanty at 0% and doesn't seem to be charging, so have to have the apple charger in at all times, and fiddle around with the dodgy connection.

There is a button on the battery, would this make any difference to it - reset it or anything?

Does anyone have any advice on anything I can do or is the battery completely dead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook, 16gb white iPhone 3G, 16gb iPod Touch, 4gb iPod Mini
Sounds like it's completely dead. Unless you want to spend ~$130 on a new one from Apple, check out what's being offered on ebay. Also, I tend to stay away from 3rd party battery manufacturers.

btw, not sure which model Powerbook you have, but have you checked to make sure yours doesn't fall under the recall? If so, you can get a brand new one for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.