Top Case/Trackpad Assembly Loose on 1 side

Reaction score
About 6-7 months ago I had to have the top case/track pad assembly replaced under warranty....

It just dawned on me the other day my keyboard illumination wasnt working. After fiddling with it, realised if I press down really hard it comes back to light...

Then I noticed that the right side of the top case is just a little loose on the edge, not as tight as it should be. I can push it down a VERY small amount, and hear a clicking type sound, and it comes back up. When I push down the keyboard illuminates.

obviously they didn't tighten it enough when they worked on it.

Can anyone point me to any diy articles on how to tighten this? it would be a hassle to have to go and have mac store reattach the top case. it is only one side. We are talking less then a millimeter of space- it is just loose enough to feel it if you pinch it down. not a big deal, but bugging the crap out of me. Thanks

OP
J
Reaction score
never mind! there are screws on the side and it takes the same little screwdriver that installs ram. I just had a slightly loose screw on that side. Tightened right up.

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.takeitapart.net/archives/macbook-pro/

sorry for wasted thread, but itll go into the archives so oh well maybe someone will search for this successfully later

**** thing is just so sleek i cant even tell where parts are attached :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.