• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple’s WWDC 2008 to be held June 8-13?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Dont know how true this might be but i found it interesting:
Eagle-eyed MacDailyNews reader "Patrice" has done some detective work and found that the schedule of events for San Francisco's Moscone Center, the traditional home of Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), has one nondescript entry in June (WWDC's usual month) which just might give away the as-yet-unannouced dates for WWDC 2008:

06/08/08 - 06/13/08: Corporate Event, Moscone West, Convention/Tradeshow (This is a private event.)

All of the other events currently listed for June and July 2008 have specific event names.

Apple typically announces the WWDC dates in early May each year.
Link:
http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/16392/

M

MacHeadCase

Hmm. I do recall that the Macworld event was held twice a year right up to the late 90s, early 2000s, in January and the other in June or July: one was held in San Francisco and the other was in the East, sometimes New York, sometimes Boston.

His Steveness decided one event per year was enough: that was when he came to correct Apple's plummeting, so I guess this was to cut costs, and to make the event a rarity...

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Hmm. I do recall that the Macworld event was held twice a year right up to the late 90s, early 2000s, in January and the other in June or July: one was held in San Francisco and the other was in the East, sometimes New York, sometimes Boston.

His Steveness decided one event per year was enough: that was when he came to correct Apple's plummeting, so I guess this was to cut costs, and to make the event a rarity...

Well i got some REAL INFORMATION.Maybe This is evidence that something NEW is coming.I ordered my mac book air and have received it already.Well i just ordered my wifes MBA w/ super drive and all.I called to place my order instead of doing it online and this is the confirmation that i received.This has not been altered in any way and will be glad to send original information:
Order Details

Product Name

Product Number

Unit Price

Qty

Subtotal

STM ALLEY 13" SHOULDER BAG - CARBON-USA

TC238LL/A

$38.00

$38.00

Ships by:

Feb 15 - Feb 19

Delivers by:

Feb 19 - Feb 21

MACBOOK AIR SUPERDRIVE-GEN

MB397G/A

$91.00

$91.00

Ships by:

Feb 21 - Feb 25

Delivers by:

Feb 25 - Feb 27

APP FOR MacBook Air/MACBOOK - COL/AE-INT

S2513Z/A

$219.00

$219.00

Ships by:

Feb 15 - Feb 19

Delivers by:

Feb 19 - Feb 21

MACBOOK AIR 13/1.6/2GB/80GB-USA

MB003LL/A

$1,691.00

$1,691.00

Ships by:

Feb 27 - Mar 3

Delivers by:

Feb 29 - Mar 6

EXPEDITED SHIPPING CHARGE

SHIPPING20

$18.00

$18.00

Subtotal $2,057.00
Sales Tax $143.99

Total Price

$2,200.99

Additional Information

For details on order status, canceling items, shipping and delivery, returns, and more, please visit online help. Or call 1-800-676-2775, Mon-Fri 7 a.m.-10 p.m., or Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-6 p.m. CT. Please have your Order Number available.

To find more great Apple products and accessories Shop Mac, Shop iPod, Shop iPhone.

Get the latest news right from the source. Subscribe to Apple's free newsletters and find out about the latest products from Apple and its partners, plus special deals and much more.

This order is subject to Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy.
Privacy Policy

If your purchase qualifies for a rebate from Apple, visit Product Promotions for claim forms and instructions.

Delivery Time Frames

2-3 Day International Shipping:

Products shipped before 5:00 p.m. EST are normally delivered by 4:30 p.m. local time two to three business days after shipment.

Please do not reply to this email message.
It was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming email.

You can also order from the Apple Store by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753).
Copyright © 2007 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
screenshot of my order:
2267019113_8d8911a441_o.png

As you can tell there has been 100.00 knocked off of the MBA and 8.00 off of the superdrive.So my question is why would i get such a good discount if there was nothing around the corner?Kind of odd to me but this could still be considered speculation as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.