• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Get lost preview

D

davidforeman

Hi,
Does anyone know how I can make my default image viewing software Photoshop instead of the useless Preview.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Right Click (or Ctrl + Click) on the file.

Go to open with
select Other
Click photoshop and have it apply to all files

I actually change it off of photoshop because it takes too long to load to just look at a quick picture. if i need to edit the picture i will open up photoshop

Reaction score
There is also a contextual menu plugin that will show images with just a right click. Doesn't open any apps. Search for QuickImage at MacUpdate or Google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
If it's only to watch a picture (aka "preview a picture" :D ) Preview is more than enough. It even allows you to save it to a different format, rotate it, etc.

Running Photoshop everytime you want to watch a pic is a waste of memory in my opinion...and a waste of time if you start Photoshop every time you watch a pic.

Anyway, if you want to use PS for your images, right-click on an image, click "Get info", choose PS in the "Open with"-box and click on the "Change all" button just below. You do that once with every filetype you want to open with PS, and all of them will open in PS per default.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.