Problem installing boot camp

Reaction score
Hi. I am a recent convert to the world of the Mac, have a new iMac 24". I have just been trying to install Boot Camp and am having a few problems.

I managed to partition the disk (opted for 32GB) and i know have a Bootcamp icon on my desktop, saying 31.88GB available, so that seems to have worked ok. The problem is when i try to install windows and I get to the part to select the correct partition for windows. The install instructions say to select "C: Partition 3 <BOOTCAMP> [FAT32], however, when i get to that part, i only have one option, which is C:partition1 (unknown) 131072MB (131071MB free).

So, is the XP set-up disk not recognising the new partition, or did I do something wrong?

Please help, I badly need to get XP installed.

Many thanks in advance
Rob

Reaction score
you need to format the bootcamp partition with the OS you are installing

Then it should be ok

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
How do i do that?

the way you would if you were installing xp to a PC

BTW the best thing to do is to RT(blank)M

thats the way i find out things its all there just read the manuals its all there i know its a pain but that way you remember it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.