Help! DW CS3 hanging repeatedly, really making work hard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I could really use help with this. DW is hanging so much I can barely get my work done.

I have DW CS3 installed on my intel MB, both of which are brand new. I was using this same DW CS3 on my previous MB without too many problems. But for some reason on the new machine it's hanging constantly.

After about 5 procedures it will hang for 60+ seconds. Then it works okay for another 5 procedures and hangs again. It's killing me! I googled this and came across this adobe notice. I am working on a site with a LOT of images and styles sheets. I downloaded them all to my HD. And I choose do not view remote images. So far it hasn't helped.

How do I tell if I have to use Rosetta? I didn't need to on my old machine.

Also, PS is crashing a lot. Oh, and now that I mention it, FF has crashed a few times, too.

Is there something more broader, system related I should be looking at?

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone? Should this be in a different forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
1. Firstly, try installing Main Menu and running all of its maintenance tasks
http://www.santasw.com/

2. TRy deleting the prefs file for Photoshop and DW as a second option.
User folder > Preferences

3. I don't know what font manager you may be using but try and run them with only the essential fonts opened and see if that helps

M

MacHeadCase

anyone? Should this be in a different forum?

No this one is fine. This is for troubleshooting OS X applications and DreamWeaver is an OS X application.

The way I see the Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography forum, it's more for asking for tips, ideas or opinions/comments on design work, for instance.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been using DW tonight with no crashes. This is for a different site. Could the site I was working on have been doing it?

1. Firstly, try installing Main Menu and running all of its maintenance tasks
http://www.santasw.com/

2. TRy deleting the prefs file for Photoshop and DW as a second option.
User folder > Preferences

3. I don't know what font manager you may be using but try and run them with only the essential fonts opened and see if that helps

I use Font Book and I have Linotype Font Explorer. How do I know what the essential fonts are? I do use a lot of weird fonts b/c I do graphic design.

What will be the side effects of deleting the preferences?

No this one is fine. This is for troubleshooting OS X applications and DreamWeaver is an OS X application.

The way I see the Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography forum, it's more for asking for tips, ideas or opinions/comments on design work, for instance.

Thank you Ms. Mod. :)

M

MacHeadCase

In FontExplorer X, the essential fonts are greyed out i.e. you can't enable or disable them. I use only FontExplorer X (make sure you have the latest version which was updated a couple of days ago). Font Book is a bit fragile.

Not sure if this is a font issue though...

Sorry, a lot happening in this forum and can't keep tabs on everyone. What is your exact OS X version? Did you check out Adobe Support and/or the Adobe Knowledge Base articles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Have you installed all the CS3 updates? There were several issues with Leopard (if that's what you're running). You may want to double check to ensure you have all the patches.

Sean

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you installed all the CS3 updates? There were several issues with Leopard (if that's what you're running). You may want to double check to ensure you have all the patches.

Sean

OMG, Adode sends like 5 updates a day. It's so annoying and they take forever. They're killing me. I believe they are all installed, but I'll check for new ones now.... nope no new updates.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.