ASTA LA VISTA baby

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking at putting vista on my macbook pro ( i still need windows ). O:) Should I install XP first and then install vista or should I try it as a fresh install from boot camp. Ofcourse, if possible, installing over XP sounds attractive BUT is this possible.:eek:

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you need Vista, just install Vista. There's no need to install XP, even if you only have an upgrade disc of Vista.

May I ask why installing XP first sounds attractive? Upgrading Windows is always a pain and starting fresh is highly recommended.

OP
M
Reaction score
Because im not sure of the drivers that come with boot camp....will these be OK for vista. Ive been googling on vista install and some guys have put instructions up and it seems very longwinded so thats why i thought XP first. BUT if Vista works straight and the boot camp drivers cd will be enough without tweaking then that sounds lovely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp comes with mature drivers for both XP and Vista.

OP
M
Reaction score
SO honeslty I wont have to mess around will I ???? I just want a simple installation and simple life especailly after spending top dollar.

Also going back a bit to your earlier question about why instal XP first : thats becaue ive got a copy of XP at hand and was gonna install Vista in a few months after saving up for a copy.

So I trust that a straight Vista install will work but if I install over XP will that also work or will I need to wipe xp first. Thanks for the help.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so... what does "asta" mean?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
would have been better if it had been spelled correctly... ;)

Reaction score
Before you install Vista, make sure you need Vista. XP uses less resources and is much simpler to deal with generally speaking. Boot Camp works with both. I installed XP Pro via Boot Camp, and later with VM Ware Fusion and it runs very quickly on my MB.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.