Bluetooth iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz intel core 2 duo
I was just thinking since all the macs now have bluetooth built in and a lot of cars have bluetooth capabilties. why dont they make the new ipods so that you can update them via bluetooth and then newer cars can pick the signal up via bluetooth. You could still leave the cable plug for crappy PCs and older cars with the ipod cable. Just a thought i had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Well the iPhone has bluetooth and the iPod touch is rumoured to have a bluetooth chip that's dormant.

However, wireless syncing is not the most practical of things. Bluetooth is slow, and uses power. The last thing you would want to have is a fully loaded iPod with drained batteries. So when you dock it in, it is not only syncing, but also charging. Wifi on the other hand is faster, but still, the battery issues will come into play. Also, it would require a little more interaction from the user which though simple enough, isn't Apple-simple! ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz intel core 2 duo
just a thought. it would be cool though. sorry to the mods. i suck at deciding where to post so most of it ends up in the "anything goes" section.

Reaction score
Reviving this thread.

I'm eager for an iPod with wireless technology for a different application: Running. The biggest pain in the *** about running with an iPod is managing the earbud cord so that it's not either:

A) Too short, such that it feels that the earbuds are tugging at the ears.

-or-

B) Too long, such that the cord flops around and provides an insect-like annoyance.

The day that small earbuds can connect to an iPod nano wirelessly will be a glorious one for all runners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Maybe the iPhone/Touch will get some bluetooth A2DP love and be able to play music wirelessly. However, I personally find A2DP stereo streaming quite pathetic in sound quality and much too much prefer normal good quality earphones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.