iPhone warranty service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
last night i was using my iphone in ipod mode and the right ear bud stopped working i called Apple and they want me to mail it to California for a repair.
I asked the Tech support guy if i could take it back to AT&T he said no. Does anyone know otherwise??

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Do you have an Apple Store nearby? I'd take it there first.
Apple makes the iPhone, AT&T just supplies the service. So you need to deal with Apple.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Yes but it's 50 Miles away...... i guess I'm going for a drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Ouch...
Well, you have the cost of mailing or the cost of gas. Great place to see if you've never been to one. Anything you wanted to look at or buy? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Apple should pay for shipping. I thought they would ship you a box with a label.
But I agree, you should take it to the store. They could figure out the problem there. Or they could give you a replacement on the spot if they're still doing that sort of thing.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem with mailing it that i can't use my ipod while the headphones are being repaired i use the ipod feature at work everyday.... a trip to the Apple store will be fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The headphones won't be "repaired", but rather simply replaced. Sending it to them will accomplish the same thing as driving to the Apple Store.
Driving 50 miles for a set of white earbuds is pretty silly, seeing that any set of headphones will work. Also, sending them in will cost you nothing for shipping, but driving 50 miles will cost you a good bit in gas.
I would suggest sending it off to save on the drive, and use a substitute set of headphones in the interim.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's just a headphones problem and not an iPhone problem?
If it's a headphones issue, replace them and be done with it. Just make sure you get a set that fit in the recessed jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.