Firewire Question...

Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting my Sony Handycam DCR TRV 70 MiniDV camcorder to my Mac by USB cord. It not too old, from 2003, and I know it is capable. When I try to open the software from the CD is says it cant because it uses classic. If I go to the Apple Store and pick up a Firewire cord should this work? Will I need to install or do anything else to connect my camcorder with Firewire?

Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
No.

It just means the application was written for OS 9. Is there an OS X version downloadable from their website?

Or if you run a PPC based Mac you could load OS 9 on it and run the app. Although I'm pretty sure the USB cord is to take pictures off, and you'd still need a firewire cable to take the video off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
try sony for a newer program? they might have one.

OP
K
Reaction score
I checked Sony, they don't have anything for it, I guess they could care less about anything a couple years old. What is going to happen if I get the firewire cable though, do you think it will work or will I be lost without any software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You should be able to import the video using iMovie via a Firewire cable, no Sony software needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.