hiding open programs in the dock

Reaction score
Is there a way to run a program without it showing in the dock? I'd like to run one but when minimized it wouldn't show in the dock for others to see it's still running or never in the dock at all.

os 10.4.11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, that simply isn't how the Dock works. You can turn on auto-hiding for the Dock. At least that way it will slide offscreen when you aren't actively hovering over it.

OP
M
Reaction score
the program is second life and when minimized if someone chats in the program the icon bounces. will this caused the dock to come back after it has slide off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
There used to be an application that would hide open applications on the dock, I believe it was called "Dockless". I don't think there is a leopard version out though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Reaction score
not sure if this would work, but what about when you put a program in your login items (under accounts in sys prefs) and check the 'hide' box ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.