comp slowing at points??

S

skimac05

Hey all,
i have a 15" pb, and i recently installed 1gb of ram...i bought two 512 sticks from crucial.com. i installed them fine and the computer is great. but just recently when i have been opening system preferences, and i am playing a song with itunes, itunes stops playing for a split second and then comes bac again, its almost as if the computer is freezing up...but this didnt happen when i only had 512 in it.
does anyone have any ideas in whats wrong?

thanks!

andrew

OP
M

m1k

iTunes sometimes does that with me when I'm opening a program, and I have 512MB RAM from Apple. My advice is don't worry about it. Go to options -> advanced and change the streaming buffer size, that might help. But it's normal, to my knowledge. So don't worry about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I really don't think that that is normal...Mine doesn't do that, but I have 1 GB

OP
M

Matt

I have 256 and it doesn't do that on my iMac. Would it be bad RAM that coninceidently has only gliched in iTunes?

OP
T

TylerMoney

I would not say that's normal. It's never happened to me..that I can recall...and I have 768mb ram. I have experienced similar things on my windows version of iTunes....for example...It won't play a cd correctly...it will skip a lot...as if the cd isn't spinning fast enough...somehting is slowing it down...and also, when switching tracks there is a delay...I've never figured it out..and updates for my windows version don't seem to help...I don't use iTunes on my pc to play cds anymore...and for that matter, I don't really ever use my pc to play music at all...it's usually my iPod, or my powerbook....so yeah..I don't think that is a normal problem for a powerbook with a gig of ram.

OP
S

skimac05

It mainly happens opening system preferences, it just stops in the middle of the song....its very strange andi have no idea why it is doing it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.