Updating OS Versions

Reaction score
So I did a little searching in the forums here about my question and just got confused.

I'm a relatively recent switcher on a MBP. I'm just wondering how exactly I update my OS version. I don't want to switch to Leopard yet for money reasons, but I haven't updated my OS since I bought the computer last summer. I'm currently running 10.4.11

Software update never tells me to update this version but I've found links on the mac site ranging to 10.4.9 Is it a good idea for me to manually install 10.4.9? And can I jump from 10.4.1 to 10.4.9 or will I need to install each one in between? If that's the case do any site provide roll-up updates? Better yet is there a FAQ about this? :D

Thanks everyone in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
If you have version 10.4.11 you have I believe the most recent tiger update.

10.4.11 came after 10.4.9

OP
S
Reaction score
haha, I knew this was going to be something so simple that I was overthinking it. I was reading that as 10.4.1.1 :D Well thanks for the quick response! Mac never ceases to amaze with its pure simplicity.

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't want to go back. Just run the security, QuickTime and Java updates. Same deal: software update will find them for you. Oh, now I got it, think of it as 10.4.01 and 10.4.09 for example, 10.4.11 is the latest and greatest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.