my new ibook

Reaction score
Hello everybody I'm new to Mac's and well yesterday I went to a local store where everything was for sale and I saw an Ibook out of the corner of my eye went over and saw it was only $200 so i talked to the guy about it he said all it needed was a new battery..so I decided to get it and so far its working great..the only question I had was how do i do a "clean install" i think its called. So that i am basicly starting from scratch..because the old owner has a password..and i dont know what it is. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
ah well a password can be quite hard to get around; If you have install discs, it may be possible to simply restart the mac, and the mac should boot to the CD which may bypass the password, I've never had this problem, seeing as I owned my mac first hand xD. If this doesn't work, hold down the command (one with the apple logo and the squiggly square thing) down and then restart it holding the command key down.

If this fails, take it back to the shop and demand they fix it ;) either that or some serious hacking may be required

Dave

OP
R
Reaction score
I can get on the computer itself but when i go to do an update or something it asks for the password..so i thought maybe i could start fresh and make my own password and account. So is their anyway i could do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.