Someone top my switcher stupidity...

Reaction score
I've had an iMac for nearly two months and I just found out what I thought was a mouse pad is actually the cleaning cloth!

And to top it off, I complained about how the mouse pad would slide around with the mouse on the table, so I quit using it.

:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I cant top it. But it did make me laugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (early 2006): 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, OSX Leopard and iPod 5th Gen 30GB
that's something quite special :)

for a long time I didn't know how to eject CDs despite the presence of an eject key on my MB keyboard, and I so didn't get how I had all these apps open when I could've SWORN I closed them. Nup, these bad boys stay on ^^

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
Usually I can top anyone in the stupid department, but maybe not this time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
how can you even use it as a mouse pad?
as you said, it slides around with the mouse very easily causing the mouse to not even work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 20", 320 GB HDD, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram
Hahaha that's brilliant, the world's thinnest mousepad :D

Ok, I can't top it, but my stupidity was pretty grand the first day I got mine (Monday) I was importing some CDs into iTunes, and I became convinced I'd got a CD stuck in the drive (it wasn't showing up in finder) I was stressing so much after trying all the tricks to get it out, and thought I'd have to send my brand new machine back after just a day.

The next day I went to show my friend the empty CD case, and there was Coldplay's 2nd album just sitting in there...I promptly inserted a CD and realised what an idiot I was! I honestly don't know what point in time I forgot taking the CD out...what a muppet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Hahaha that's brilliant, the world's thinnest mousepad :D

Ok, I can't top it, but my stupidity was pretty grand the first day I got mine (Monday) I was importing some CDs into iTunes, and I became convinced I'd got a CD stuck in the drive (it wasn't showing up in finder) I was stressing so much after trying all the tricks to get it out, and thought I'd have to send my brand new machine back after just a day.

The next day I went to show my friend the empty CD case, and there was Coldplay's 2nd album just sitting in there...I promptly inserted a CD and realised what an idiot I was! I honestly don't know what point in time I forgot taking the CD out...what a muppet!
that one is pretty good too... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I didn't know the difference between a Core Duo and Core 2 Duo iMac. I bought a refurb. 20" Core Duo last year because it was $100 cheaper than the newer model. I felt so dumb after I got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlumiMac24/MBP
Can't top it... and can't stop laughing!

Reaction score
I've had an iMac for nearly two months and I just found out what I thought was a mouse pad is actually the cleaning cloth!
You mean it isn't? So far, the coffee-cup holder pop-out tray has cost me $1,500 in repairs, and Apple won't answer my complaint emails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
When I first started using macs at college years ago (1990) I saw the message, to stop this press command period - couldn't for the life of me find the period key (well, I am British)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
drh3010 said:

And to top it off, I complained about how the mouse pad would slide around with the mouse on the table, so I quit using it.

louishen said:
When I first started using macs at college years ago (1990) I saw the message, to stop this press command period - couldn't for the life of me find the period key (well, I am British)

rofl ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4 ghz, 2g ram, 500g hd
I've only had my imac for about a week, so just browsing around in here read this and yes laughed hard, however when lightsdave mentioned the presence of the eject key...I had to stop and study my keyboard thinking.."There is an eject key??? where?"
Gimme another week, I'm sure I'll come close to topping that. *grins*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I bet your desk was nice and clean, though.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

rof, now that reminds me of actual calls I took when I was doing tech support

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
Lol

Great post I've had some stupid moments with Mac but this made me laugh so much.
If you can put some fun in someone's life share all your stupidity.

Reaction score
Well, I can't top that one! LOL.

I couldn't figure out how to open my powerbook for like 20 minutes when I first got it, I had to look it up online, I felt so stupid! LOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.