• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cheapest Mac You Can Find

M

m1k

OK, just a little contest for you guys.

Try to find the cheapest Mac you can. This is tricky because if you get older, it gets cheaper, but there's a certain point where it gets more expensive because they're vintage models.

Rules:
- The Mac has to be working completely, with nothing wrong with it.
- The Mac can be either used or non-used
- It can either be a GUI Mac (Graphical User Interface) or a Macintosh Classic.
- You CAN'T find anything on eBay because that's bidding, so the price changes constantly. It MUST be a final price
- It doesn't have to include any accessories

Good luck to all! Let's end this contest in a month (October 26).

PS: I'm not really interested in purchasing an old Mac at all, this is just a little contest I designed because I'm bored. So please don't go suggesting Macs to me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
m1k said:
...- It can either be a GUI Mac (Graphical User Interface) or a Macintosh Classic....

Just for the record:
EVERY Macintosh has a GUI...that's what made it so special back in 1984, when it came out...the first personal computer with a GUI. ;)

Non-GUI Apples are not Macintoshs, it were the Apple I (was sold as a mainboard without housing), the Apple II series (very popular back then) and the Apple III (not very popular)
Although I think that there was an Apple II model with GUI at some time...not sure though :D

OP
M

m1k

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Didn't know that :)

PLEASE POST!!! JOIN THE CONTEST!! PLEASE!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.