Which is the best?

Reaction score
Out of all the Macs, which is recommended? I've heard many positive reviews for the newest MacBook with OS X Leopard especially from cnet.com . Not many good reviews on the MacBook Air because of many things it lacks. And well the most i'm looking on buying is the MacBook Pro, but because it sounds like it has more to it but i honestly don't know much about macs since i'm just getting into them. If it helps i'm going to be studying graphic design and all that.

And another things, is Microsoft Office compatible with macs? thanks in advance.

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Out of all the Macs, which is recommended? I've heard many positive reviews for the newest MacBook with OS X Leopard especially from cnet.com . Not many good reviews on the MacBook Air because of many things it lacks. And well the most i'm looking on buying is the MacBook Pro, but because it sounds like it has more to it but i honestly don't know much about macs since i'm just getting into them. If it helps i'm going to be studying graphic design and all that.

And another things, is Microsoft Office compatible with macs? thanks in advance.

:D

yes there is a version of office for macs but it doesnt have microsoft access.

If your doing graphic design id say get a macbook pro it has a graphics card with dedicated memory where as the normal macbook just has integrated graphics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 5300C, Mac 7200,Mac G4,MacBook,Time Capsule, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iMac
can OS X Leopard be installed in the macbook pro?

If you buy a new MacBook Pro it will have Leopard installed.

Reaction score
Simply going by the reviews (especially Cnet) is not going to help your buying decision much, unless you include what you're going to use your computer for.

If you can tell us what you need this computer for, we might be able to help more accurately than Cnet.

As you mention graphic design "and all that", you should check with your school's requirements. Most unis publish some sort of minimum system students require and a list of software that you need to run. Check that out before embarking on a Mac trip.

I personally suggest a Macbook Pro with largest screen you can get. In your field, performance needed is high and a large screen helps any designer.

For you, the Macbook Air won't be a viable choice, so you must choose between MB and MB Pro depending on what's affordable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I own a MacBook Pro. I got it because it will take longer to go outdated mainly, because it is faster than the MacBook. It has a seperate graphics card compared to a built in graphics card in the MacBook, which helps make it a lot faster. If money isn't an issue, get the Pro. But I would wait until summer, if that is possible. I believe there are some rumors going around Apple is going to redesign the the MBP and MB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
When I bought mine, I was deciding between the MB and the MBP and ultimately decided on a white Macbook for size/battery life. In the end, it's all going to depend on how big of a screen, and how much you're going to lug around.

The dedicated gfx card is nice but only useful if you're going to use apps that utilize it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.