• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Stupid Beatles!

G

Gamer

So what do you think of the fact that Apple Computers will have to pay all that money to the record label Apple Corp.?

OP
C

CaptainMack

i think they are just sueing because apple is starting to make some money and they want it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's all sour grapes to me. And I have no clue how Apple Corps is spinning a lawsuit out of this when you read the original agreement. It only prohibits Apple distributing music in a physical media such as CD.

Totally ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I agree, Schewb, it is ridiculous.

Yes, I do love the Beatles and Apple Corps, but I think they have better things to do than sue the pants off of Apple Computers.

What can I say? I'm a Beatles fan with a Mac. ::laughs::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
And I'm pretty sure that Apple Corps. uses a couple of Macs in their record studios... :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Apple Computer could become Orange Computing...

OP
G

Gamer

ChicoWeb said:
Wait, what is happening? Apple corps, apple computers??
Apple Computer is the iPod company and Apple Corp. is the Beatles recording label, in the mid 80's Apple Corp sued Apple Computer for having the same name and Apple Commputers was allowed to keep there name if they agreed to pay Apple Corp. $27 million and never produce and sell there own music. What gets me is that Apple Computers is not producing the music there just selling it and they only make 4cent off every 99 cent songs, the rest goes to label and artist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.