Powermac G4 - which HDD controllers can I use?

Reaction score
I live in the UK and I own a Powermac G4. I'd like to know what model/s of PATA/SATA controller cards/chipsets are compatible with OSX on this hardware.

I need sources that are available in the UK only - overseas purchase is NOT an option. I appreciate your help, thanks.

PS: I don't want ridiculously overpriced items, such as "Sonnet", thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not want the best for your Mac? How odd.

OP
G
Reaction score
Not want the best for your Mac? How odd.

Just because something says "Sonnet" on it, doesn't mean it is the best. There are sure to be generic ATA cards in production, that don't milk you dry, just because some company is taking advantage of gullible people with their "affinity" with Apple nonsense. It's just a brand name - see past it - chipset is what matters, not posh packaging and ripoff price tags. It's an ATA card, not a Mac itself - I don't care what colour or brand it is, so long as it works!.

ATA133 cards are between £5-10 ($10-20 USD). That is the price I am aiming for, not SIX TIMES that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.