Huge Problem

Reaction score
I came home from school today and I turned on my computer (newest iMac running Leopard). I tried logging into my account, but when I signed in, it showed me the Setup Assistant just like the first time I got my computer out of the box. I obviously thought it was weird that it would ask me for all my information again and to register my Mac. Well, I went through the registration process and it sent me back to the log in screen. I then tried signing in again, but the Registration window popped up again. What's interesting is that it still had "[My Name]'s Computer" when I turned on my computer, and it had all the accounts, but it still wants me to register it, every time I try to sign in. It doesn't let me get onto my account because it sends me back to the registration window every time I try to log in.
I did a System Update yesterday right before I went to bed, but I shut it down instead of letting it restart... that might be a factor, but what's going on? I'm really confused and really nervous.
Also, this morning, my dad (whose computer I'm using right now) said that his computer's (Powerbook G4 running 10.3.9) Trash was messed up even though nobody else in my family has been on his computer for at least three or four days.

Edit: I tried turning on my iMac using the installation discs for both Tiger (10.4.11) and Leopard (10.5.1), but the computer didn't respond at all... so I'm in a really big pickle here.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply
Next time, I'll check this apple website before I complain here :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Updating to 10.5.2 will also fix this problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.