Xp drivers for Mac

Reaction score
I have Tiger and as you know the boot camp beta is long gone and I didnt want to upgrade just to get boot camp. So I backed up all data, booted from the OS X cd and ran disk utility, reforated the drive into 2 partitions, one,
40GB and Mac OS journaled, one 20GB and Ms-Dos formated, I installed OS X on the 40 and I have a fresh OEM copy of XP pro and installed in on the MS-Dos partition in FAT32 format. I use rEFIt for my boot options and it works great, the only issue is the aiport wireless card driver didnt crossover, and and I also the PCI ethernet card driver didnt cross over and I think also the video driver because I can only set resolution to 600 x 800 or 1024 x 768. Does anybody know what wifi cards apple uses, i tried a couple of dell drivers and it didnt work. I know boot camp copys mac drivers and I would have this issue, I just wanted to see if I could get it work. I am a PC tech and something I just need to be looking at an XP screen when setting up problems to work on. Thanks for the help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You know, you could have just changed the date back to when Boot Camp was still working and then just used Boot Camp like usual.

OP
O
Reaction score
yes I know that....
I print invoices, timclock and other business data on this machine and cant mess with the time and date

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I mean you could just change the date back to install Windows, and then switch it back when you're done. The expiration date only affects the Boot Camp Assistant, not the ability to boot into Windows.

OP
O
Reaction score
booting windows is not the problem It boots fine thanks to rEFIt and runs stable....just looking for the wifi card driver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.