Unable to manage iPod Touch in iTunes

Reaction score
As I live in Bermuda I am unable to open an account at Apple and therefore I can not purchase the January upgrade. When I click on "remind me later" or "no thanks" Itunes immediately takes me to the Itunes store. My Ipod Touch shows in the side bar, but I can not access it to delete any pictures or music. When I select it, it comes up with the upgrade screen and "OK" button at the bottom. I click OK and it takes me back to the Itunes store.

I only have an 8g Ipod Touch and want to be able to manage my songs, but can't get past the upgrade screen. any ideas???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Could you not order a US itunes gift card, or have a friend in the US send you one. I would allow you to open a US itunes account and buy the update.

Reaction score
The solution

Very simple. Go offline. iTunes cannot access the iTunes store without internet connection. You can then manage your files in the touch.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
justtopostthis,
Come back! We need people with your savvy, your mental acumen. I mean, we have plenty, but more is better.

(good post)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Very simple. Go offline. iTunes cannot access the iTunes store without internet connection. You can then manage your files in the touch.

I think the update is needed to manual manage songs and such on the touch. He said he can see the touch in the sidebar but can't access the files.

Reaction score
having the same problem here...I NEED TO GET MY SONGS ON MY IPOD ! I JUST FORMATTED IT AND NOW I CANT GET MY SONGS BACK ON IT ! ARGHH !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.