• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shooting at Seton Hall University

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
As a student at Seton Hall, I thought i'd be the first to share this information with you.

Announcement: Xavier Hall Incident
Issuing Office: Office of Student Affairs
02/11/2008 09:41 PM
At approximately 8:23 this evening, a non-student, young male shot himself and then came to Xavier Hall seemingly in search of a friend who is a SHU student.
As a result of the self-inflicted gun shot injury, the male has been transported to the hospital for treatment. Additionally, since the weapon has not yet been found, the campus is in a lockdown status until further notice.
No student or any other person was injured. The South Orange Police and members of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office are on the campus investigating the incident.
An update will be posted as soon as information is available, but no later than 10:30 pm.

This is an announcement from the inside, but you can also see information from news sources. ABC is following the story and so is FOX. ABC has it on its homepage (www.7online.com)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yikes...

i used to shoot target at seaton hall (about 20 years ago anyway).

so just the one guy shot himself? good thing it wasn't another whacked out shooter taking a bunch of people with him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Oh wow, I should call up my friend who goes to Seton Hall law to find out what's going on.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok the lock down was lifted.

Apparently the guy shot himself off campus, and walked to campus looking for a girl. She called 911, and the police came to the campus looking for the gun. No gun was found, but they don't believe it to be on campus so its returning to normal operation.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
modern day van gogh perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds like a case of over-reaction.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes thats exactly what it was... everybody was saying there was a shooting, but in reality, can you consider somebody shooting themselves in the stomach a school schooting? No. So it was a complete over reaction from my school. But I guess its better to be safe the sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.