Problem On Restart

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
Hey:

I just had a weird, forced restart a few minutes ago. My MacBook was sleeping with the USB HD up and running. When I "woke it up" and I tried to play a mp3 file in iTunes the little spinning rainbow appeared :Oops: (My entire mp3 library is on my USB HD.) So I forced quit iTunes and tried accessing my library through Finder... same result :Angry: I then thought of unmounting my USB HD through Disk Utility and again my system froze :Shouting: At this point, my only solution was to force shutdown the machine which I did. And on restart the start-up sound repeatedly played, like a scratched CD at least a dozen times, in front of a blank screen before the Apple logo appeared. Tiger (10.4.11) then quickly started without a problem and the USB HD automatically mounted. Everything seems fine, however I'd just like to know what happened. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Something with the PRAM?! I have no idea! I would suggest a repair disk or run some maintenance scripts just to make sure everything is fine and dandy.

OP
cNK

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
Will do. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.