10.5.2 is out!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Anyone noticed that the pop up and drop down menus are not so transparent? More like opaque? **** it. They looked so good. Now almost like Tiger. I hope there's a third party hack for this...

Yes, and it is listed as one of the changes in the documentation. I wish Apple would just allow you to make the choice and/or set degree of transparency in a System Preference. I know you can do so with the menu bar, why not with the submenus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
^^ true, I don't know what Apple has against letting people customize their visual settings. I figured by now there would be a Shapeshifter for Leopard so I can make some changes. Anyone know if there are even any plans for a shapeshifter for Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
^^ true, I don't know what Apple has against letting people customize their visual settings. I figured by now there would be a Shapeshifter for Leopard so I can make some changes. Anyone know if there are even any plans for a shapeshifter for Leopard?

Oh Unsanity claims they are had at work updating their apps for Leopard. They've also been on the verge of resurrecting the ResExcellence website for about 2 years now.

Yeah... I'm not holding my breath.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Interesting. I did not really pay attention I guess. The drop downs are not as transparent as they were before. I agree that there should be a setting so a user could customize it the way they like it.

I did like it the way it was before the 10.5.2 update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
LOL. I think Apple got fed up of everyone whining about all the cosmetic changes and decided it be safer to just go with plain-jane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
I suppose I am one of the lucky ones....3 MBP's all updated, no issues. Though I did not really have any before. Aside from Office 08 apps trying to follow me from space to space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.