iTunes to DVD?

Reaction score
Greetings.

Essentially, I want to get my mp3's, which are on my Intel iMac, onto my Sandisk mp3 player. At present, the only way of transcoding the files into an acceptable format for the Sandisk is via a piece of Sandisk software which only works on Win XP. This is on my Wife's laptop. All the tunes are ripped from cd's or some old cassettes.

The plan is: Burn the melodies to a DVD (There are 4 Gig of mp3's), copy that to my Wife's machine and go from there.

When I have tried this, I get an error along the lines of 'DVD failed to burn lead in or lead out'. The DVD is unreadable.

That's the background. Questions are 1) Should I burn say, 2 Gig of stuff to 2 separate DVD's? Is Toast suitable for this exercise? Is there a better method? At the moment, a wireless connection isn't available

As a separate query: Is there a limit to the number of tunes that I can drag and drop into a new folder? I did recently 'consolidate library' - was this a mistake?

Any advice welcomed.

Cheers Mitcherooney

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
what software are you currently using to burn?

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Hi Neo

Toast is the software.

PS I find that the mp3's are in the .Trash folder - seems odd....

Cheers M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.