Cracked case - repair time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I have the common problem that where the lid closes on the macbook it has caused cracks. I took it to my re seller who will fix it under warranty but they say it will take minimum of 2 WEEKS! I think this is an insane time to be without the computer for is this normal for it to take so long?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac aluminium 24 inch 2.4 Ghz, 3GB RAM
No, it is not normal. I think your warranty works with Apple too, take it to an Apple store and tell them, they will literally take apart the topcase in front of you, put on a new one and then give it back to you. I'm not 100% sure but I am certain that people have had their laptop plastic repaired by Apple for free.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
No, it is not normal. I think your warranty works with Apple too, take it to an Apple store and tell them, they will literally take apart the topcase in front of you, put on a new one and then give it back to you. I'm not 100% sure but I am certain that people have had their laptop plastic repaired by Apple for free.

Thanks but the only shop in Edinburgh is a re-seller we dont have a mac store, i think there is one in glasgow but thats 60 miles away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I didn't see this at the time but in case it happens to anyone else I took back two macbooks with the same fault and they were fixed in 3 days!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.