Very simple web question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
currently on my web site, I do not have any file named index.html and therefore, it is just a directory.

I would like to know how to make the directory available, even when I have an index.html file on my server?

I feel so stupid asking this, as I'm sure its a very simple question! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
How would you show the directory? what url would you go to? The only way apache will show the directory is if any of the default index files are missing. The only other way to show the directory is by creating a php/asp/ whatever language file that shows that information.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I figured out the answer...It was quite simple...I just had to make a new folder within my server, in which did not have any HTML or HTM Files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yep like I said if you don't have an index.htm, index.html, default.htm index.php whichever ones your server looks at then it will show the directory structure, but if there is a directory that does have one of those files in it then it'll show that file instead of the directory structure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.