Disk Repair question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Hey folks, I downloaded a few apps from Titanium like OnyX and Maintenance, wellm Maintenance says that I should run Disk Utility and repair the hard drive, will this wipe out the stuff on the HD or is it non-destructive ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If the hard drive needs repairing boot from your install DVD, go to Utilities>Disk Utility>Repair Disk and let it run until says repairs complete. Then run Verify Disk to double check. Your OS will not be wiped.

Suggest using DiskWarrior 4 which is the best diagnostic/repair kit available for Mac HDD.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
harryb, thanks for the response.....Only reason I downloaded the freebee stuff was to get somewhat of an idea of what to do with it.....first real Mac....gota play with it one was or another, again, thanks....get this error fixed up nice and it'll be one happy healthy Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Okay now run Onyx and clean out all those caches and do the maintenance chores.

Have a look at a little utility called Macaroni. Find it on Google. For less than ten bucks you set it and forget and it does all those cleaning jobs automatically.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eh I run the Symantec stuff on my Windows systems and disabled the automatic running of their tasks....just something I prefer to do manually....just my way of doing things and thanks again for the answer :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.