Safari has been getting slow lately! maintenance suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't know why, but for some reason Safari hasn't been running well. I'll punch in a URL and hit enter, but the aqua bar won't show it loading, or it'll kinda go half way and just sit there for a while. I end up having to hit enter again, or hit stop and reload and then the page will load up nice and fast, as usual.

Is there some kind of clean-up I can do to get it running faster, or is there a problem I need to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to Preferences and empty cache. Download utility called Onyx and run the maintenance programs there.

Reaction score
I don't know why, but for some reason Safari hasn't been running well. I'll punch in a URL and hit enter, but the aqua bar won't show it loading, or it'll kinda go half way and just sit there for a while. I end up having to hit enter again, or hit stop and reload and then the page will load up nice and fast, as usual.

Is there some kind of clean-up I can do to get it running faster, or is there a problem I need to fix?

My exact experience as of late

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have to say not that thrilled about Safari and its problems. Allegedly a 'super' version is on the way.

Until then try Firefox 2.0.12 or the Firefox v.3beta. The beta version seems rock solid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MP single 2.8 GHz quad core, 8800 GT, 2GB, 500GB; iMac 1.83 GHz, 2 GB, 150GB, ext dvd and drive
Books on Leopard that I've read suggest that regular users empty the cache monthly and heavy users empty it weekly. It's as easy as clicking on 'Safari' then on 'Empty Cache'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.