iBook wouldn't turn on

Reaction score
I've only had my iBook for about a month but today i had my first real problem.

I was using the iBook as normal but had a period of putting it to sleep then waking it a few times in a row in quick successsion, then one time it wouldn't wake up. I tried pressing the power button to restart it but nothing, i plugged it in a tried again, nothing, i even took out the battery put it back in, plugged it in and tried to turn it on, still nothing. I got stressed and left it for a while then tried again...it worked. So i turned it all of to let it rest for a bit. A few hours later ai tried to turn it on, nothing. So i got stressed and went for a drink. I came back and now it seems to be working.

Can i expect it to be a problem again, anyone had this problem. I love my iBook and this sucks.

I could only think of something lose, thus the eratic behaviour.

M

Matt

Hope you get some luck, seems like people don't know, sorry for that. Anyway, it might help if you gave us the specifications and age. Could it be the logic board, there are problems with the iBook logic boards on certain models, but Apple has a program to replace them for free. Try other more buisy forums as well. like Mac addict and Mac romours.

M

mpolda

Try resetting the PMU

Just a thought, but I'd try resetting the PMU (power management unit) before you do anything else. I can't remember how to do it, something about unplugging it and holding the power button or something. Search the Apple knowledge base. Good luck.

Michael

B

blenford

I had that happen to me once, I got stressed as I had to catch a flight and it was Sunday and Apple UK were closed. I called Apple in the US and they prescribed a combination of holding the power button, pressing the apple key etc - and it worked, no problems since.

I can't remember exactly what the keystrokes were, but I reckon you could find out quite easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.