Can't Connect to wireless Network :(

S

spazzbecker

Hi Everybody.

Well here's the problem got a Imac with the Airport Extreme card installed, running OS panther, using in the house a BT Wireless Router 2100. (which does work with 2 other pc's and a laptop)

When I go to network settings in the mac and scan for networks it does detect the BT network, but when I go to connect it says that there has been an error and must check the settings..

I have everything set to auto and have enabled DHP but still no luck.

What can I do to correct this problem??
The imac worked in the last wireless network set I had.

Cheers

Carl

OP
P

Princess C

I have the exact same problem. I have a G3 ibook with an airport card and i am running in panther. When i am at school and i try to connect to the wireless network, it says that there has been an error and must check the settings. No matter what i do i cannot contect to the network. I really do not understand this because my computer is still able to connect wirelessly to 2 other wireless networks that i use. I am wondering if I have to go into the preferences and fix something because maybe a preference is corrupt. The hardware is obviously not the problem since i can still connect wirelessly at other places and the only place where i experience this problem is at school. If anyone has any information about how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.