Spots on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I am using a 17'' mbp. I have had it since September and am now noticing spots on the aluminum.

I don't know what they could be from. I use it quite a lot and the spots are under where my right hand rests. They are not on the surface (can't rub them off), but small holes.

I don't think that there's anything I can do about them. Has anyone seen or dealt with anything similar though?

Pictures below.

img0525pj5.jpg

img0526ty2.jpg

img0528yb4.jpg

OP
W
Reaction score
No replies here, but I got a great one on the Apple support site. I'll post it here so someone gets an answer if they search it.

This is actually something that comes up occasionally. Some people's individual body chemistry seems capable of penetrating the anodized surface of the MBP and causing these tiny black pits. There doesn't seem to be any way to remove them once they are there, but you can prevent them by using something like a Marware protection pack, which is available at Apple Stores, or wearing a glove, or doing anything you can to prevent direct contact with your skin. Apple probably won't do anything about them since they are cosmetic in nature.

QRQ

Reaction score
I have a MBP 17 since June. First items i purchased were a Clear cover and the Marware kit. Just recently bought the cleaning solution and clothes that can be purchased at Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.