Can you identify this camera tripod??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what this is designed to fit? Everything I have has the little screw hole in the bottom, which as you can see doesn't work with this tripod.

Any info would be great thanks.

Here is the link...

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tripodyx4.jpg

LWC

Reaction score
There should be a little quick release mount that you screw to the bottom of your camera - it locks into the top of the tripod with that small lever.

Reaction score
Hamn is a company out of Taiwan, not sure if they're still around. Made tripods and accessories.

If you own the tripod, take it to a larger camera store. They'll have a number of different quick release mounts you can try. More than likely the tripod is based on one of the larger suppliers mounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I believe the name on the tripod says "Hama".

If it is the company that I think it is, they were founded and are based in Germany. They make photographic accessories, including tripods. I've bought some of their products (although not a tripod) in the past.

I believe the part that you are looking for may be this:

http://www.hama.co.uk/portal/articl...URL=/bilder/00005/abb/00005030abb.jpg#picture

I would suggest that you contact the UK distributor to confirm this part wil fit your tripod (give them the model number).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yea, you need the quick release plate. Is that a 3 way head? (has three handles for each of the movements.) I only see the one handle so my first guess it's a video head.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Thank you all for your great replies! I know what I need now.

Thanks for the link EORI, now I know what I'm looking out for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.