• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I made a BIG MISTAKE and now i need HELP!!

Reaction score
I made a BIG MISTAKE and now i need HELP!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

i just got final cut studio 2 and installed final cut 6, then when i open it, it tells me i have on 512ram and i need igb for it to work, so it closes automatically,

Is there a way i can access my final cut 5 i have loads of work to do. If i dont have it done by mon night i will be in deep trouble as the work i am doing is to be projected on a 30foot screen tuesday morn!

I would buy more ram but the shop is outta it untill wed!

i am so stupid

please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
First choice is to look for RAM at a different store. Even if you have to drive several hours to get it.

Second is to look for a hack, via Google, that will allow you to tell FCP that it is OK to run in less memory. It is possible this information is in a secret file within the FCP application. In my FCP 5.1 version, that informaiton maybe in the Info.plist file and in an attribute named AELMinimumRAMSize which is set to 512. One would use the Property List Editor to edit that file, which may require the installation of the development tools which comes on your install DVD. I don't have FCP 6 or access to it, so my information may not be of value to you, so CONSIDER THIS HIGH RISK.

Third, I've hoped you learned this critical leason. You NEVER upgrade ANYTHING when you are on a schedule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Oh, the obvious answer was probably to say, reinstall FCP 5. But I'd also research that via the net to see if anyone has had issues downgrading. See Apples FCP forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro , 15 inch / Mac Pro w/ 30 inch HD Cinema Display
i have been wanting to up grade to leopard but am in the middle of working on a feature film using FCP so i am very scared to do anything to my system , this now show me i should not touch a thing until we are done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.