Convert PC Access database into MAC

Reaction score
I am a very new user to MAC and I am trying to figure out how to use an Access database I developed in my PC in my MAC. I have the Leopard O/S....

The other thing that bugs me is that everytime I open an Excel file in the MAC it warns me that the version of Excel that the file originated with is different and gives me the option to review the problems or not. How do I get rid of that annoying message?

Thanks so much!

Reaction score
I did this: hope I can remember the steps (from memory). I first saved the database into .xls format. Then I opened the .xls formatted info in and Open Office format (Open Office or NeoOffice). Then I resaved it into a db format. Hope this helps. Oh, you also have to set up your database fields to mimic the ones you had in Access.

Reaction score
I used Open Office on my PC and it worked great, but when I switched to Mac the version of Open Office didn't work the way I liked so I went to Neo Office and it works flawlessly. Give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.