Mail recommendation...

Reaction score
I'm in the process of waiting on my new Mac Pro. One thing I have been suffering thru for months, make that years, now is e-mail ****. I get so much spam crap that I'm ready to just ditch my e-mail completely. I figure that with making the switch to the Mac, I'll finally switch my e-mail account that I have for past 8 or 9 years.

When in the Apple store, one of the guys there demo'd the mail client for me and I was gaga. It was so beautifully integrated with iCal, iPhoto, and I'm sure other things he didn't even touch on. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a free mail service I suppose like gMail. I also wonder if you can download that mail to the local mail client to use it's robustness.

Any e-mail recommendations would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I like AIM mail especially if you have an AIM account, and once you set up your account i believe (i may be wrong) that all the mail from that account is downloaded into Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Gmail is awesome, free and they recently added IMAP service to it! Highly recommended!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I highly recommend gmail also.. very nice and I do love IMAP :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.