Something STRANGE just happened...

A

adiliegro

I downloaded firefox and when the download finished, I had the drive on the desktop and a box opened up with the firefox icon in it. I clicked it thinking it would open the program, but nothing happened. I then saw my dock and the little firefox icon would jump once and dissappear and it kept doing that like ever other second. I tried to stop it, but to no avail. Wouldnt let me trash the box or eject the drive from the desktop. I then tried to force quit it, but an error came back and said that firefox cancelled the forcequit. I ended up having to cold shutdown by holding the button on the back of the machine.

Any thoughts on why this may have happened?

OP
M

m1k

OK, it probably wouldn't let you trash the drive because it was still an open window. I don't know why FireFox wouldn't allow you to forcequit it, that's pretty strange. If it happens again, notify Mac Forums. But I don't think it will.

Hope this helps.

OP
B

Brigrat

that happened to me when I installed firefox too. I restarted my system, and the problem never occurred again.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Just let it do its thing, don't worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.