Setting up a perminent network sharing system between vista and leopard

Reaction score
Hey guys

as u can see i want to set up a perminent network between my vista pc and my macbook running leopard. my vista pc is my media pc and thus doesnt have a keyboard/mouse normally, i can control it via synergy km switch or unreliably through a vnc. what i want to be able to do is share certain folders off my vista machine so that if i download music or video's i can save them directly to my vista pc via my macbook. Hope that makes sense? i have tried a number of tutorials but always had issues, now im so confused with so many different issues i am hopeing someone here can post a link to a start to finish tutorial for setting up what im after, or anything close to it.

i have been reading about issues with leopard and windows networking so hioefully this isnt the case with mine.

any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Kind Regards

Fraser

Reaction score
I use Network Magic software. It must be installed on the PC, then you have to get the Mac add-on. This just became available for Leopard a few weeks ago. I can easily share files and folders now. This software works as long as the 2 computers are on the same network.

Joe

OP
F
Reaction score
thank you very much joe. i will give that a shot.

if anyone else has any input or ideas of their own feel free to share.

thanks again very much

regards

fraser

edit:

just a quick question joe, do you use the free version or do you pay for one of the better versions

Reaction score
I started with the free version, but I believe it has a 60 day limit and not all features. I purchased the PC version and the Mac add-on. I did not buy the high end version. I think the PC version was $29.99 and the Mac add-on was $25.00.

Once it is set up on both machines with file-sharing set up you will have easy access to your folders.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.