new iMac G5 and monitor issues

A

adiliegro

Hey guys...Im at my wits end now and need some advice. I just got a iMac G5 the other day and got it set up. Well, the monitor is bright as ****. It looks GREAT, but for editing my images (Im a wedding photographer) it is throwing me off. I borrowed a OptiCal Spyder and tried to calibrate it, but its still to contrasty. How can I lessen the contrast on this thing? The brightness is fine, I can pull that down, but the contrast is causing everything to look washed out when I print. It looks good on the screen, but it isnt what I need it to look like. To bring down the contrast would be the thing to do. HOW?

Any thoughts?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Have you tried using the Display Calibrator in System preferences?

OP
A

adiliegro

yeah, i did...but after I calibrate it with the Spyder, I dont want to mess with those settings. On the PC, there is a setting for contrast ONLY. the color and brightness on this machine is awesome, but the contrast is off.

OP
M

m1k

Go to System Preferences and then Displays. Click on the 'Color' tab. Try changing the profiles in the list. You can change the color and washed-out-iness with some of the profiles. It works on my PowerBook, but I don't know about an iMac. Hope it helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Try the contrast in universal settings

look at the pics i uploaded

screenshot_01.jpg

screenshot_02.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.