You Tube embedded in site causing all kinds of problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Any ideas about this? I embedded a You Tube video in a site yesterday and out of three browsers I'm getting three different issues. If it makes a difference, I originally had the video as public and changed it to private yesterday. This is the website. On the same page, another video below it doesn't work either now. Unfortunately, I was working fast and dirty yesterday and didn't have time to check it on the other browsers. The client, using IE, let me know. *egg on face*

FF plays it fine

IE says it's no longer available

attachment.php

Safari says I need a plug in and sends me to what looks like a troll search engine.

attachment.php

thanks for any help.

Picture 37.png

Picture 36.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I am getting a this video is no longer available

my guess is because it had been made private

Reaction score
I get "no longer available" in both Safari and Firefox. I bet if you cleared you cache, you would no longer be able to play it in Firefox

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, so if it's private, you can't embed it? I thought that meant it wouldn't be listed if you search You Tube...

Let me change it and see if that helps.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I made it public and now it works in Safari, but I still have this problem:

IE says I need a plug in, when I click "view plug-in page" it opens a new window with no URL:

attachment.php

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Install the plug-in

When I click on view the plug in page, it opens up a blank page. What am I supposed to install?

Reaction score
You need to install the shockwave-flash plug-in. IE for mac is an orphaned application, it is no longer being developed or supported. MS didn't think this Apple thing would catch on. It might take you a while to find a plug in for it, but I'm sure there is one out there somewhere.

Your videos and webpage display properly when I load them in IE on my windows machine.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah.... thank you!

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found this on Adobe, but when I click on the OSX version they say they are for Windows. http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

When I read their FAQ it said shockwave won't run on intel based Macs unless its thru Rosetta. But I have an intel Mac and it seems to fine in FF and Safari. Are they using something esle to play the YouTube videos? IE played them fine on my other intel MB and I never customized anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.