Unable to get Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision to work on Leopard

Reaction score
I just purchased a Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision to use with my Leopard based Mac Pro since I read that they work well with OS X but I can't get it to work. I have plugged it into a USB hub and even the USB port on the front of the computer. I have also restarted the computer. It doesn't recognize it at all. From what I read there is no need to install a driver. I have even pressed the buttons on both side of the computer. I am trying to use it with PhotoBooth. Is there something I'm doing wrong or could it be a faulty camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I *think* the only Leopard program that will work with most Logitech webcams is Skype. Skype is free. Try downloading it and seeing if you can select and use the camera in Skype.

I have the Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks (an excellent and hi resolution - 2 Mp - camera) and it works great with Skype under Leopard. Nothing else on the machine seems to be able to even see it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.