Aol mail on mac Leopard.

Reaction score
i have set up aol to work on my mail application. i am receiving mail without any problems. My problem is when trying to send a new message. The send toolbar with all the options for items such as font and color do not show up. so it gives me no option to send the mail. Interestingly though, if i receive an email and chose to reply, the toolbar shows up and i am able to send messages that way. what am i doing wrong??? i tried this with my gmail account too, just to test it out, but it seems like the same thing is happening. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So you mean if you hit New Message and type in the receivers Email address then the message, send in the top bar of the message is grayed out?

OP
L
Reaction score
its not even there to be grayed out. it is completely missing. its there when i reply to a email, but when i want to send a new message or foward a new message that part is missing that allows me to click on send.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you click New Message and a new window opens, Right Click (Control Click) and click on Customize Toolbar. Drag the Send button to your toolbar. See if that does it for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.