PowerMac G5 Bluetooth...

E

Edd

Hi,

I bought a G5 while just under 2 months ago, but didn't add the bluetooth to it when ordering. Now I want it but can not find where I can buy the one Apple install into all their machines.

Does anyone know where I can order the module Apple use in their machines?

Thanks
Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2
You cant get the internal one installed. Its a one time deal and you would have had to get your system built to order with it. The ONLY way now is to get a dongle for the USB port.

OP
I

Icarus

if it's a G5 - then a USB bluetooth won't be that bad - would it? I mean, a powerbook or ibook the bluetooth sort of needs to be installed since there are all of 2 USB ports...

OP
E

Edd

No it's not that bad I just wanted it inside ;)

Will have to order one now then.

Cheers guys!

Ed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Well, actually, the bluetooth option, just like the 56k modem, is a little module mounted on the motherboard, which easily can be added. Problem is that Apple doesn't sell it as a seperate add-on.
But I think that, if you can get the part number of that module, it's possible to order it at an Apple dealer, as a spare part.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.