Epson Scanner on holiday

Reaction score
By a stroke of luck, is there anyone out there who knows how to make the combo download (compatible with v10.2 - v10.4) Twain Driver and Epson Scan Utility v2.77A for the Epson 1240U Scanner launch? The download goes swimmingly well, and the subsequent installation is characterized as "successful." I've checked all the connections and I'm confident the problem resides elsewhere.

Epson support gives every indication of good intent, but I've been getting contradictory advice and zero results from their glacially moving Support. I'm very reluctant to abandon a perfectly good Scanner because of some obscure anomaly. I can't be the only one victimized by this cuckoo fix!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
By a stroke of luck, is there anyone out there who knows how to make the combo download (compatible with v10.2 - v10.4) Twain Driver and Epson Scan Utility v2.77A for the Epson 1240U Scanner launch? The download goes swimmingly well, and the subsequent installation is characterized as "successful." I've checked all the connections and I'm confident the problem resides elsewhere.

Epson support gives every indication of good intent, but I've been getting contradictory advice and zero results from their glacially moving Support. I'm very reluctant to abandon a perfectly good Scanner because of some obscure anomaly. I can't be the only one victimized by this cuckoo fix!

I cannot help with your particular scanner specifically but when I bought an Apple my current scanners (HP 6250s) didn't have drivers. I was about to abandon them when I came across VueScan. It costs about £20 and works with a whole long list of scanners. Give it a try there is a demo version and see if it works with yours.

Vuescan is sold by Hamrick: http://www.hamrick.com/

OP
P
Reaction score
I'm staggered within an inch of my life. I downloaded the trial version of VueScan without a song and dance and my unconscious 1240U Epson Scanner jumped out of the grave. I was literally stunned, but I was also livid at Epson. I've been through **** for several weeks and three technicians — why didn't those nitwits know how to get my scanner to scan?

I owe you a debt of gratitude — I was going nowhere fast until you intervened, thanks a million.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I'm staggered within an inch of my life. I downloaded the trial version of VueScan without a song and dance and my unconscious 1240U Epson Scanner jumped out of the grave. I was literally stunned, but I was also livid at Epson. I've been through **** for several weeks and three technicians — why didn't those nitwits know how to get my scanner to scan?

I owe you a debt of gratitude — I was going nowhere fast until you intervened, thanks a million.

Glad you like it! Its a shame Apple haven't included something similar but its not expensive! If you get the pro version all upgrades are free too. I was a bit skeptical but like you I downloaded it and have found it terrific!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.