Compressing video

Reaction score
Hi, I am very new to Macs, I just purchased a G4 mirror drive from my friend and it has all the usual mac programs including final cut pro (the main reason I bought it) I have a short 4 minute video I recorded with my digital camera and its a big file (278mb) I would like to email this video and was wondering what would be the best way for me to compress it so that it can be emailed. I noticed a program called compressor, followed the vague instructions on how to use it and I get an error message (cannot submit) I soon learned this is an annoying problem for everyone using the mac compressor. Is there another easy to use free compressor program I can use? In the future I would like to purchase a quality compressor program, which one do you people recommend? Can I compress my video in Imovie? does Imovie have its own compression feature or does it use that annoying mac compressor? Thanks for any help you can send me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Did you ever find a decent, free video file compressor? I am in need of one and haven't been able to narrow any down. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.