Ques. about Touchpad Button

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Hello all...

I noticed something funny on my MB this morning and I thought I'd ask anyone else who has a Macbook.

The touchpad (or trackpad) button works fine and appears even, clicks and everything, but if I press on the right of the button it's very soft (almost no click is heard/felt) but it still registers; if I press on the far-left of the button, it makes a firm and audible click and also registers.

I checked out my fiancee's MB (2.16Ghz) and it's sort of the same thing so I'm guessing it's normal but was curious if anyone else noticed the same on their MB.

Thx!

JG

cNK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)
I'm experiencing the same problem on the far left-side of my trackpad button. Although it still works, it's driving me crazy and I'm gonna try to contact the Apple store...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 1.25Ghz Powerbook G4 1.67
mine feels the same wherever I press it and both sides click.

I'd guess you're clicker is half broken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea... my trackpad button makes an audible "click" noise wherever I push it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Mine is quite loud click on right, but hardly any click at all on left, all works well though

OP
JuanGuapo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
Ok, well I went to the Apple Store for a Genius Bar appointment and to pick up AppleCare for my fiancee's MB, my MB, and our Mini (AppleCare for all three 'puters). The mini expires in April, hers in September, and I figured I should just get mine at the same time.

When I got to the GB, we were greeted by a cute punk-rock-looking girl w/ a nose ring (gotta love Apple) who really seemed to know her stuff....very confident, professional, etc. She immediately noticed my battery was not sitting flush w/ the bottom and immediately swapped it out w/ a new one. Now the battery is sitting flush w/ the case and looks better (which I never noticed until she did); it also seemed to help my button situation a little.

She noticed that the right-side was 'softer' than the right and said not to worry about it and that it's "within spec" but offered to replace it anyway if it bothered me. I kindly declined since she assured me that it wasn't going to fall apart or anything but would like her to make a note of it in the system if ever I have it in for repair they would replace it. She said "no problemo". Heh.

btw... very impressed w/ the GB at the South Coast Plaza store....much better than the one at the Brea Mall. Plus, I think the female Genius' are a little more thorough and less "mightier than thou" than their male counterparts, but that's just my observation. Not only were they on-time, they didn't rush us out of the bar even though the store was packed. A+ service all around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.