Suddenly Safari won't load pages but Firefox is faster than ever

Reaction score
I loaded a number of open source applications on my computer yesterday and suddenly Safari is taking so long to load a page that it finally quits trying and gives me an error message like I'm not online. At first I thought I got knocked off the web but when I tried Firefox it's faster than ever.

Has anyone seen a problem like this before. I don't know if it's one of the programs I loaded on or an independent issue. When I loaded the programs I didn't see any problem. It wasn't until I restarted the computer that I noticed anything wrong.

Anyway, in case it might be an issue, these are the programs I put on it:
A Better Finder Rename 7, Apimac Secret Folder, Apimac Timer 08, Chipmunk, ClamXAV, Get Tube, iCrypt, iPod Access, Pastor 1.7.5, Speed Freak, Tri-BACKUP 5, True Crypt,

I haven't tried out all these programs yet and I'll probably delete the ones I don't like but I was wondering if anyone else had seen an issue like this either with Safari alone or with a problem concerning one of these programs, and if so what they did to fix the issue.

Oh, there's one other thing that might be important. I tried to install Leopard but my DVD internal DVD drive is shot so when my computer restarted nothing happened. I tried it again with an external drive but my external drive doesn't have a firewire outlet. I don't know if that might have done something to Safari or not but I thought it was worth editing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.