Wireless connection

Reaction score
I currently have my MBP wirelessly connected to my pc connected printer via a router. Is there anyway to bypass the need to turn on my pc every time I want to print something off my MBP? My Linksys router only accepts USB connections. So, my printer is connected to the pc.
It is such a pain to print something. I have turn on the pc, then turn on the printer. As convenient as my desktop pc is....I just flat out don't use it anymore. Why should I? I've got this fantastic MBP!

Reaction score
the only thing i see to do is find something that can enable and power a printer, and the only thing that i KNOW of is Airport Extreme, Airport Express, and Time Capsule.

Reaction score
I currently have my MBP wirelessly connected to my pc connected printer via a router. Is there anyway to bypass the need to turn on my pc every time I want to print something off my MBP? My Linksys router only accepts USB connections. So, my printer is connected to the pc.
It is such a pain to print something. I have turn on the pc, then turn on the printer. As convenient as my desktop pc is....I just flat out don't use it anymore. Why should I? I've got this fantastic MBP!

Since you say USB is no good I assume your printer uses an older parallel connection? The easiest solution would be some type of print server that still accepts parallel, your PC is basically acting as a print server right now. Just make sure it has Mac support to keep things easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
It doesn't say anything about Mac compatibility.

There's no reason it wouldn't work with your mac, probably about 70% of the hardware out there will work with a mac, it's software that suffers the compatibility issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Looks like PerryLynch has the right answer... I think I'm getting me one. I just hope it communicates with my Netgear router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I have my USB printer connected to a LinkSys Print Server that is, in turn, connected to my router. I setup a TCP/IP port for it and it runs like a dream!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
It will work. Either of those just provides a hardware interface. If your printer was already Mac-compatible, you'll be good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.