Keyboard concerns...

Reaction score
I'm going to be making the switch soon. I have been a long time user of the ergonomic keyboards, and for me it's not just a passing fad, I have seriously been using them exclusively for well over 5 years now, I think. It doesn't look like Apple even offers an ergo keyboard.

Anyone have any recommendations for a third party Mac keyboard? I think I can continue using my existing MS Natural keyboard, but that seems a bit unnatural using MS hardware on a Mac.;D I'm pretty sure I can as the keyboard is USB, I'm mainly just wondering if there is an Apple specific ergo design that anyone can recommend?

While on the subject of hardware... I have heard to only order a Mac with the base RAM, and then upgrade via third party as it is MUCH cheaper that way. Where should I go to buy this RAM? Is it safe to install the RAM myself? Mainly I want to make sure that opening the case and installing the RAM isn't going to void my support or anything.

Thanks yet again for the info. I'm trying to ask as many questions as I can before I buy to make life that much easier once I've been brought into the fold.

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
What mac did you order?

I have no keyboard recommendations as i use an apple keyboard. As far as RAM goes I ordered crucial from Frys. You can also order from crucial directly. I haven't ordered anything from OWC but i heard OWC has some great prices.

I believe you can install aftermarket RAM on any Mac and not void the warranty. It is not only safe to install the RAM it is also very easy to do.

OP
S
Reaction score
What mac did you order?

I have no keyboard recommendations as i use an apple keyboard. As far as RAM goes I ordered crucial from Frys. You can also order from crucial directly. I haven't ordered anything from OWC but i heard OWC has some great prices.

I believe you can install aftermarket RAM on any Mac and not void the warranty. It is not only safe to install the RAM it is also very easy to do.

I haven't actually ordered yet. I'm planning on a Mac Pro with a single Quad core, and the GeForce 8800 graphics option. I'm planning on ordering this with 2GB of RAM, and then probably adding another 4GB to that if that is a valis memory configuration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Adesso markets a Mac Tru-Form ergonomic keyboard with a proper Mac layout (command/option/return/delete/fwd delete keys)

Microsoft has Mac drivers to enable the special features on some of its Natural keyboards. Other should work, but you'll have to put up with the slight differences in layout.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.